On the 28th May 2020, Autodesk registered the Downs Light Railway Trust onto their education establishment list. Students who participate on the Downs Light Railway can now gain access to leading 3D design, engineering, and entertainment software for manufacturing, building and construction, and media and entertainment.
Autodesk gives students, educators, and educational institutions free access to our design software, creativity tools, and learning resources. Their software is used across industry by millions of professional users. Developing design skills now, provides our students with well sort after skills for higher education and future employment.
How do they get it?
- We provide our students with access credentials to our Office 365 suite
- Our students enrol with Autodesk Education (https://www.autodesk.com/education/free-software/featured)
- We provide our students with a supporting letter to confirm their student status
- Our students download the software onto their computer
- Our students start learning how to use the software, supported by our professional engineers on Microsoft Teams
- Our students produce designs for learning projects on our Light Railway, their own personal projects, and their school or college coursework